Are wireless smart homes in Gaithersburg worth it?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired equipment linked through a lengthy installation process. Those days are done. Wireless innovation has revolutionized the industry and introduced a wealth of opportunities for families.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in Gaithersburg is a good option for you and your family? Explore what you need to know about wireless solutions.
What to know before switching to wireless
The foundation of any wireless system is a sound link to the internet. Consistent, fast internet and a high-quality wireless router are the two primary elements you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in the last few years, consider switching it out now to take advantage of the latest performance enhancements.
If you live in a location without reliable high-speed internet or cell coverage, you may be better off with a wired installation. Or, if you relocate to a residence that is already wired for home security, it could be reasonable monetarily to stay with that setup.
Irregardless of where you reside, network and electrical outages can take place. Taking this into account, search for security solutions with cell and battery backups to keep you connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Gaithersburg?
Protecting your property against known dangers like theft and fire is the chief objective of any home security system. You can do this with wired and wireless systems, but if you want to take advantage of the most recent innovations, a wireless smart home is your top choice. With a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to lock your entryways or scan real-time video from your mobile device? A wireless smart home gives you a degree of access you’ve never seen previously. You can check or change settings of any system devices remotely, like your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant notifications: You can not only access your system, but it may also access you. If one of your sensors is tripped, a notification will be sent instantly to your cell phone app. You’ll always be alerted when the system goes off, no matter whether you’re home or away.
● Flexible and scalable: Unlike wired devices, you can place wireless alternatives just about anywhere. Want to have a surveillance camera on your desk or in your kid’s bedroom? You got it! It’s also simple to add or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Potential disadvantages of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Gaithersburg have proven dependable and beneficial, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. Consider the following:
● You might need to change batteries. If you have battery-powered devices, there’s always the possibility of failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will alert you when power is dwindling and often last for several years without calling for a new battery.
● Placing devices. There may be a limit on how far you may put wireless components away from the primary command hub. This isn’t an issue in most homes, but you should inquire about the distance prior to making a decision.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. Similar to other computer networks, the risk of hacking exists. But you can significantly reduce this risk by implementing hard-to-guess passwords, always updating default settings, and using routers with built-in security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Gaithersburg today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can do by personalizing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll love being able to monitor and control your Gaithersburg security system from anywhere. Dial (301) 923-4670 to get started.