Online purchasing and daily drop-offs have become customary for countless homeowners. You appreciate the convenience of having goods delivered right in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in the open are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a serious issue, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by ordering a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are fantastic tools to deter porch pirates, but they give you significantly more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’ll likely become a crucial facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Gaithersburg video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps improving. You can now set up detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and receive instant alerts whenever an item arrives.
The easiest way to find out how a Gaithersburg video doorbell camera works is to look at the various benefits it can provide. Take a look at the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t get this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring crime with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your entry and items on the surface below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution images no matter the hour: What’s the use of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? The best models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You are able to receive automatic updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and packages.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will allow you to cut down on false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to view real-time and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can access them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even allow you to speak with the individual at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.