Ways to cut down on false alarms in Gaithersburg
False alarms may become a legitimate concern for a home security system. Not only can they be a pain to resolve, but they may erode the trust you have in your installation. Thankfully, you are able to do some things to reduce false alarms from your Gaithersburg home security system.
As the first step, be sure that all components are installed properly. This process may sound like an obvious course of action, but it’s common that basic miscues lead to false alarms. Next, watch out for potential sources of false alarms, including a back door that may be left unsecured inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to use the extra features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Gaithersburg.
Might it be really that easy? Read on and see for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Gaithersburg?
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to reference the manual. Make sure all devices are set up correctly on your end by:
- Performing a checkup via your smart hub.
- Physically inspect each component to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to be certain that your system isn’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart implements are configured properly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your Vivint agent if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Gaithersburg security system. They'll be happy to schedule a tech to examine your equipment.
Investigate your windows and doors
When your system seems to be alright, the next step is to do a sweep of your residence. Are your entries shut tight, or are any accidentally cracked? If an entry point remains unlatched, it might trigger a sensor. If it just so happens that your clan routinely neglects to close a door, you might want to implement a smart lock that secures automatically when your system is activated. Sadly, windows need extra manual maintenance, especially if you have a loved one who likes to sleep with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it easy to disengage that device while still shielding the rest of the residence.
Automation can be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Gaithersburg
One of the best methods to reduce the chance of false alarms is to include home automation into your alarm system. By using your security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that happen due to absentmindedly unlatching an entry point. Then have it automatically set again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disarm whenever your smart lock is initiated with the proper PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm if you leave the premises, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get mobile notifications when your components detect abnormal movements or need a new battery.
- Link your home security to a smart home speaker, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the mobile app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Gaithersburg with a Vivint smart home installation
Greater control over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, call (301) 923-4670 or send in the following form.