What should I do when my Gaithersburg home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family members – against the various risks you could experience, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Gaithersburg home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be shocking, bewildering, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and abide by these easy tips.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Gaithersburg Goes Off
It’s a scenario no resident desires to encounter, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up from a deep sleep with the distinct sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. What is your next move?
- Don’t panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency on your own instead let your monitoring experts and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and leading them out of danger. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might involve going to an appointed safe zone as far from access points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm immediately frightened away the intruder, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, you ought to leave your residence immediately.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. These days, almost all people take their cell phones constantly with them, but you may forget to grab it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and get alerts through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Gaithersburg goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will instantly act. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the kind of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is triggered, one attempt will be made to contact you before help is dispatched. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most common type of alarm - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you using the command hub. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort is not successful, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, local police are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again once the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with the monitoring team, don't worry. Assistance will still be sent even when you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Gaithersburg
Be prepared for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Gaithersburg from Vivint. Contact (301) 923-4670 to start the customization of your property’s security today.